Friday, November 5, 2010

Paint-Overs Are Fun


The server at work went down yesterday and I couldn't access my orders. So, while I was waiting for it to reboot, I went through some old digital paintings that I had done and I found the October Boy. If you still don't who that is I suggest you head on over to Norman Partridge's website or blog or pick up the book Dark Harvest. Believe me, you won't regret it.


Anyway, I saw the October Boy and wanted to go back and really try to give him the attention and detail he deserves. I'm still not really happy with how I decided to draw his arms and hands (but redrawing them would've been ALOT of work and I only had so much time until the server came back up). If I ever draw him again I'm gonna have to do some more research on pumpkin vines and scarecrows to really give him a more natural feel. But, on the plus side, I really like how the "face" came out, I add a few little details that I think add to overall feel and I feel I unified the colors a bit more.


All in all, I really missed getting to work on the Boy and I look forward to seeing him on next year's Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment